CAREER & COLLEGE CLUBS’ CODE OF CONDUCT
Just like any other community, the Career & College Clubs’ community includes people from a wide variety of experiences, backgrounds, and mindsets. We take pride in the fact that our community gives this diversity of membership an interesting place to interact, share, learn, and grow.
Participation in the Career & College Clubs’ community is subject to the Terms & Conditions of this site and this Code of Conduct. Violations may result in warnings or in extreme cases, the immediate termination of your user name, and consequently, access to all other services.
The Career & College Clubs’ community depends on each member to help keep it a safe, fun, and positive place for everyone. Help take care of our community by reporting abusive behavior when you see it.
Things to do:
- Practice peer-to-peer learning. A core principal of Career & College Clubs is peer-to-peer learning. Not just for students, but adults as well. Model peer learning by 1) helping other members of the Career & College Clubs’ community understand, implement, and improve their clubs, and 2) seeking advice from other members to make your club even better.
- Be courteous. Remember, we are a diverse community of people with diverse opinions. Everyone wants to be treated with respect, and showing respect to others makes the community better for all members.
- Be a good citizen. You have the opportunity to be a stakeholder in creating a positive community. Be an upstander not a bystander by reporting abusive content when you see it. We are committed to doing our best to stop abuse on Career & College Clubs, and, with your help, we can make a difference.
- Moderate your content. You need to take responsibility for ensuring that what you post or upload is appropriate for the community. If you are unsure whether content is appropriate or consistent with this Code of Conduct or the Terms & Conditions, please err on the side of caution and do not post it.
- Have a good time. When people behave responsibly and respectfully the community thrives and everybody wins.
Things not to do:
- Do not use hate speech. Hate speech is speech that attacks a person or group on the basis of race, ethnicity, religion, disability, gender, age or sexual orientation/gender identity. We are a community of people with diverse beliefs, opinions, and backgrounds, so please be respectful and keep hateful and incendiary comments off of Career & College Clubs.
- Do not bully or harass members of the community. The Career & College Clubs’ community is not a place to harass, bully, abuse, impersonate, or intimidate others. Being a valued member of our community includes being considerate and respectful of others.
- Do not be obscene. Sexually explicit and vulgar language and images are not welcome on the site. Also not welcome are belligerence, insults, slurs and generally objectionable speech. If you would not say it in public, do not post it on Career & College Clubs.
- Do not violate the law. Members of the Career & College Clubs’ community are not above the law, so do not post anything that violates the laws of your country, state, province, or city. Do not try to trick people into sharing their personal information, steal anything (like copyright or trademark material), or break into places you should not be. Do not threaten, harass, impersonate, or hurt others, and do not invade other people’s privacy.
- Do not behave maliciously. Do not post links to sites that contain viruses or malicious programs or that interfere with the operation of Career & College Clubs.
We may, in our sole discretion, take action against users who post material or engage in activity that violates these principles or the Terms & Conditions or is otherwise objectionable. Such action may include, without notice, termination of your user name and password and everything associated with it.